Golden Turmeric Dressing:
- 1 Tbl. Tahini
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp. Miso Paste
- 1/2 Lime, Juiced/Squeeze
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- Salt to Taste – if needed
- Whisk ingredients until smooth.
- Pour on top of your favorite greens & eat!
SERVES ONE – Store in airtight container for up to four days.
This recipe is anti-inflammatory, tangy, cozy, and immune boosting! Don’t skip the pepper, it increases the bioavailability of the curcumin in the turmeric (anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancerous properties) by 2000%!
Adapted from Robyn Youkilis
Vegan Rosemary Sweet Potato Soup:
- 2 Tbl. Olive Oil (optional)
- 3 Shallots, Chopped
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2-3 Medium Sweet Potatoes, Peeled & Cubed
- 1 Tsp Rosemary
- 4 Cups Veggie Broth (one carton)
- 1 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbl. Maple Syrup
- Saute shallots & garlic in olive oil (or broth if using non-stick pan) in a soup pot until fragrant. Add in sweet potatoes & toss with mixture.
- Add broth to pot, stirring in black pepper and rosemary. Bring mixture to a medium boil, then partially cover pot.
- Simmer on medium-low for 20 minutes.
- After 20 mins. test potatoes by poking them with a fork. If they are not soft or easy to poke, simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add in maple syrup and pink salt. Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.* Taste test and add in more salt or syrup if desired.
- Top with cinnamon, nutmeg, or dollop of vegan cream cheese.
**If you do not own an immersion blender, blending can be done with a counter-top blender. But please, use a ladle and go slowly. Do not overfill! There is a higher risk of burning yourself using this method.
Adapted from Turnip the Oven blog